Senior Scala Developer
Development Fully Remote
Timezone: CET (+/- 3 hours)
Proxify is a Swedish IT company, experiencing intense growth. We match remote IT professionals with companies in Sweden and abroad. The difference with us is that we like to make sure that the remote workers we present are the very best in their field. We like to make sure we get it the right first time, every time!
We are growing fast and are currently looking for Senior Scala Developers.
We are building a team of the best Scala Developers. We currently have several Scala projects soon starting. We are looking for Senior Scala Developers to join on a remote basis the team of our client who is looking for multiple experienced Mid/Senior Scala Developers to join friendly Engineering team. You will work within one of the squads, dealing with data ingestion and storage processes, customer ML analytics platform and insights and visualisation dashboards.
They are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology, sensitive about client needs and collaborate well in a team environment.
You will work with a variety of technologies including:
- Scala to develop most of the backend code, including REST services, data pipelines, making use of FS2 functional streams data processes, Cats Effect, IO monad, Circe, Doobie, Http4s and other Typelevel stack libraries.
- Pair programming, testing and continuous integration and deployment as our daily development practices. Kafka, SQS as distributed messages systems.
- Github platform as git repository, issue tracker, continuous integration and package registry.
- Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, S3, HDFS as the main data stores.
- Docker, Nomad, Terraform, Consul and Vault in the operational stack.
- Spark for transforming multi-terabyte sets of data into valuable insights.
- You have +5 years experience with Scala or Java (8 and up) functional programming;
- You have +3 years experience with Microservices architecture and testing practices;
- You understand distributed application architecture;
- Experience with using CI/CD tools;
- You feel comfortable in an Agile/Lean environment;
- You can communicate well, and are willing to learn, listen and share knowledge with your teammates;
- Upper-intermediate English level.
What will you do?
- You will face challenging problems and will need to find new solutions for them.
- You'll help give back to the open-source community by contributing to the tools the client uses, and releasing new ones, for the benefit of everybody!
- Pair programming, peer review.
What we offer
- 💻100% remote work (work from where you want);
- 💪We pay for overtime (over 8 hours);
- 👌🏻The ability to change the project to another one;
- 💵Competitive compensation and performance-based increases;
- 🧘🏻♂️Very flexible working schedule;
- 🚀Opportunities for professional development and personal growth;
- 🐕If you're based in Kyiv and want to work from our office in the center, you can come with your little friend.
Co-founder & CEO - Viktor Jarnheimer
Co-founder & Head of Product - Lee Haynes
The company is founded by us - Viktor Jarnheimer and Lee Haynes. Our ultimate goal is to convince every company that we come across to work with devoted senior developers outside of Sweden.