Senior Data Engineer (Scala)
Development Fully Remote
Timezone: CET (+/- 3 hours)
Proxify is a Swedish IT company, experiencing intense growth. We match remote IT professionals with companies in Sweden and abroad. The difference with us is that we like to make sure that the remote workers we present are the very best in their field. We like to make sure we get it the right first time, every time!
We are growing fast and are currently looking for Senior Data Engineers.
We are building a team of the best Data Engineers. We currently have several Data Engineering projects soon starting. We are looking for Data Engineers with AWS / Spark / Scala skills, primarily Senior Developers.
- Experience in building data pipelines using Spark (Scala or PySpark) on databricks;
- Development experience in the Amazon Cloud Environment AWS (S3, EMR, Databricks, Amazon Redshift, Athena);
- Experience in working with REST APIs;
- Ability to perform data manipulations, load, extract from several sources of data into another schema;
- Ability to work with multiple file formats (JSON, xml, rdf,reports, etc.) and analyze data, if required for further processing;
- Understanding of core AWS services, and basic AWS architecture best practices;
- Ability to understand requirements and changes to requirements.
- Snowflake experience;
- Experience in DevOps.
What we offer
- 💻100% remote work (work from where you want);
- 💪We pay for overtime (over 8 hours);
- 👌🏻The ability to change the project to another one;
- 💵Competitive compensation and performance-based increases;
- 🧘🏻♂️Very flexible working schedule;
- 🚀Opportunities for professional development and personal growth;
- 🐕If you're based in Kiev and want to work from our office in the centre, you can come with your little friend.
Co-founder & CEO - Viktor Jarnheimer
Co-founder & COO - Lee Haynes
The company is founded by us - Viktor Jarnheimer and Lee Haynes. Our ultimate goal is to convince every Swedish company that we come across to work with devoted senior developers outside of Sweden.